The Amazing Spider-Man | Teen Ink

The Amazing Spider-Man

By ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut
ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @ss...and i'm all out of bubblegum." (They Live 1988)

4 out of 5

Miss Ritter: Peter, don't make promises you can't keep.
Peter Parker: But those are the best kind.

Our friendly neighborhood Spiderman is a cultural icon. Although Batman will always remain my number one favorite superhero of all time, I am aware that Spiderman is a number one favorite of many and I can respect that. I think that after seeing this movie I now can understand why so many people think he is the greatest.

In my opinion Andrew Garfield is very much superior to Toby "MTV best kiss winner" Maguire as Peter Parker. Garfield was the perfect choice for this character. I loved how in this film they made him the quiet kid in school to make him a more believable nerd guy. I really believed his transformation to Spiderman. It seems like he is more comfortable with his powers and even in his mask.

Spider-Man: Ahem, you know, if you're going to steal cars, don't dress like a car thief.
Car Thief: You a cop?
Spider-Man: You seriously think I'm a cop in a skintight red and blue suit?

Gwen Stacey is played by Emma Stone who as always, makes a good screen appearance and is very hot.

Her father played by Dennis Leary has some very surprising original characteristics. Instead of making him the same old "Jack Burns" from Meet the Parents. This guy actually has a fairly decent conscience.

Gwen Stacy: You're a wanted man, Peter Parker.

The action scenes here are impressive. Except for the final battle, which almost bored me to tears. But screw it, I loved this movie.

The ending to it all was very satisfying, along with the overall movie which left me refreshed with this new idea of a Spiderman reboot.

Jack's Father: Who are you?
Spider-Man: Spider-Man.