Edward Scissorhands This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Tim Burton always manages to surprise us with his out-of-this-world stories, complemented by unique characters with distinct personalities. ­“Edward Scissorhands” is no exception. If you've enjoyed Burton's other films, including “Batman” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” this movie will sit right in your comfort zone.

Edward (Johnny Depp) is an unfinished piece of art. When his inventor dies before completing Edward, he is left with blades as a replacement for his hands. He's been hiding alone in a mysterious castle for years, but Edward's life takes a huge turn after he is discovered by a kind Avon lady named Peg ­(Dianne Wiest).

One aspect of the film that is particularly strong is the acting. As anyone familiar with Burton films would know, the characters are unique and live in their own self-contained bubbles. Depp portrays Edward excellently. He depicts the lost, frightened man so well that it's sometimes hard to believe that it's just acting.

The story is heartwarming and engaging. All the characters are unique and are portrayed excellently. The cast also includes Winona Ryder, Anthony Michael Hall, and Kathy Baker. From touching romance to moments of utter despair, this film has it all. “Edward Scissorhands” is a masterpiece that is sure to move you.

LegendKeeperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Is this film super goth, like Burton's other films?

allhallowsevekatieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 19, 2013 at 10:36 am :
yes it is but it is also kind of romantic towrds the end

soulkiteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I absolutely loved this movie. It's been a while since I've seen it but I think I cried a little during it. It was a very sweet and touching film. Definitely recommended.

Anshu R. said...
Sept. 3, 2013 at 10:01 am:
I have seen this movie and your review has done justice to it. I really like the way you have described the skills and aspects of the movie. Great job.

MarieAntoinette2012 said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:57 am:
I adore this movie and I think your review has just enough to keep people wondering what you mean without giving away the twists. Well written, well done.

sashafor said...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:07 pm:
wow, nice review, now I want to see it 

MarieAntoinette2012 replied...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:56 am :
You should definitely see it.