Edward Scissorhands | Teen Ink

Edward Scissorhands MAG

February 18, 2013
By RyogoS SILVER, Tokyo, Other
RyogoS SILVER, Tokyo, Other
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Tim Burton always manages to surprise us with his out-of-this-world stories, complemented by unique characters with distinct personalities. ­“Edward Scissorhands” is no exception. If you've enjoyed Burton's other films, including “Batman” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” this movie will sit right in your comfort zone.

Edward (Johnny Depp) is an unfinished piece of art. When his inventor dies before completing Edward, he is left with blades as a replacement for his hands. He's been hiding alone in a mysterious castle for years, but Edward's life takes a huge turn after he is discovered by a kind Avon lady named Peg ­(Dianne Wiest).

One aspect of the film that is particularly strong is the acting. As anyone familiar with Burton films would know, the characters are unique and live in their own self-contained bubbles. Depp portrays Edward excellently. He depicts the lost, frightened man so well that it's sometimes hard to believe that it's just acting.

The story is heartwarming and engaging. All the characters are unique and are portrayed excellently. The cast also includes Winona Ryder, Anthony Michael Hall, and Kathy Baker. From touching romance to moments of utter despair, this film has it all. “Edward Scissorhands” is a masterpiece that is sure to move you.