Silent Hill Revelation 3D | Teen Ink

Silent Hill Revelation 3D

January 9, 2013
By beastlucero BRONZE, Commerce City, Colorado
beastlucero BRONZE, Commerce City, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The thought or picture of bunnies, clowns, and merry-go-rounds can give you a sense of security or happiness. However, producers of Silent Hill Revelation have added a very mean and sick twist. I personally think it was a very complicated story to follow. The main character falls in and out of reality a lot and she tends to complicate the story.

Since this movie follows the first Silent Hill, the daughter is being chased and followed by the killers of her mother. The grotesque beasts that are after her really set the thriller and suspenseful mood. Throughout the movie, the daughter is constantly placed in suspenseful events , keeping the viewer highly on edge. The hideous and dangerous animals, and possessed animals from the very first film appear in the second.
I asked to different viewers how they felt about the movie and to my surprise they had two very different views. One viewer said that the movie made no sense and that the plot differed from the first one. She stated, “How can you watch a movie, and understand it when it seems as if the own characters didn’t even understand their roles?” One the contrary, another viewer I asked enjoyed the movie and found it “rad”. He stated, “It definitely out did the very first one , and the characters had a lot more life to the roles they had played. For this film to be rated R it definitely lived up to that. I do however think it could have been a better movie.”

The movie is also available to watch in 3D but I wouldn’t recommend anyone to ever watch the film in 3D because it’s already complicated to keep on track with. Other various reviews say that viewers enjoyed the movie better normal rather than having it in 3D. I don’t think watching it in 3D would be completely horrible, but I do believe that it would be a lot better normal.

Overall this movie was well done, but I would not say that it is a must see movie. From the blood and guts to the crazy and deadly car chases, Silent Hill Revelation was one hell of a movie. I would recommend it to any thriller watcher. I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone ; however if you can follow along Inception your mind will have no problem following this thriller film.


The author's comments:
English Assignment