The Campaign | Teen Ink

The Campaign

January 9, 2013
By Meatball BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Meatball BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Campaign is a 2012 movie starring, Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis. In the movie, these two candidates fight against each other for the sear in North Carolina’s 14th District. Will Ferrell, laying Cam Brady, has won the race for five consecutive years without doing anything for the state. That’s where Zach Galifianakis shows up as Marty Huggins, trying to take the seat away from Brady, which is not as easy as it seems. Marty, the town’s buffoon has to prove to the people of North Carolina, that he is worth of the seat in congress, and that he is better than Brady. Sabotage is the name of the game.

From shootings, DUI’s, to punching babies this movie will have you laughing until you cry. I would recommend this movie to people that love comedy and Will Ferrell movies. If you have a sour taste of humor, this movie is for you. If you are more into serious movies, then I wouldn’t watch it, The Campaign is so stupid and random, that it’s funny. The age group is recommended for young adults due to offensive language and humor.

Jay Roach did an outstanding job with the absurd outfits, and he way he directed the film to have people wondering how of the two men were going to sabotage one another. Will Ferrell as normal, has his outstanding comedic twist on the whole story. Zach Galifianakis plays the role very well as the buffoon, as if the role was made for him! They both did an astonishing job. No matter who you are this movie will have you laughing at some point. Even though the script was offensive, it still kept you laughing.