Lincoln | Teen Ink

Lincoln

By samantha_dawn BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
samantha_dawn BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia

"I'm a lover not a fighter but I'll fight for what I love."

I waited to see this movie for months, and when I was finally able to see it, I was far from disappointed.
The movie is set during the Civil War and focuses, as you can imagine, on Lincoln and his role as president. Daniel Day-Lewis plays the beloved president shockingly well (I felt as if I was watching Lincoln himself) and portrays him as an impressive leader during this difficult time in our country’s history. The movie shows not only Lincoln’s journey as president but also gives us a glimpse of what his personal life may have been like while he was in office. In both roles, we see Lincoln’s inspiring ability to lead shine through.
Day-Lewis is not the only fabulous actor featured in this film; Tommy Lee Jones, Sally Field, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, among others, play their parts remarkably well.
However, there are some parts to the film that are somewhat unimpressive such as unnecessarily strong language. It is a rather long movie (two and a half hours) with long monologues that are at times hard to follow, but overall, the movie is a well-directed, entertaining piece.