'Despicable Me' | Teen Ink

'Despicable Me'

December 6, 2012
By Kristennnn BRONZE, KingGeorge, Virginia
Kristennnn BRONZE, KingGeorge, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

'Despicable Me' the movie came out on July 9, 2010 worldwide. Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud, directed it. The main characters in Despicable Me were Gru played by Steve Carell, Vector played by Jason Segel, Dr. Nefario played by Russell Brand, Marog played by Miranda Cosgrove, Edith played by Elsie Fisher, and Agnes played by Dana Gaier .
An evil genius Gru (Steve Carell), who has not made headlines since he and his minions swiped the Times Square JumboTron years back is shown up by someone. A new unknown evil criminal has stolen one of the pyramids in Egypt, making him envious
He is comes up with a genius plan to make a name in the headlines worldwide again. Ever since Gru was a little boy, he dreamed of going to the moon. Now, if Gru can build a rocket and get his hands around a very powerful shrink-ray, he can become one of the greatest thieves who had ever lived. The ray could allow him to. Gru thinks it will be easy and this could change everything.
However, soon after Gru steals this shrink-ray, this evil nerd Vector (Jason Segel) goes in and takes it right out of his hands. In order to take the moon, Gru must how get the weapon back from the evil nerd.
He comes up with this genius plan to adopt the girls who sold cookies to the evils villain’s house. Gru adopts cookie-selling orphans Margo (Miranda Cosgrove), Agnes (Elsie Fisher), and Edith (Dana Gaier) and makes a crew of cookie robots from the evil Dr. Nefario (Russell Brand), the person who makes all his evil weapons.
Nevertheless, as the mission becomes almost complete he falls in love with the three girls. Gru discovers that the three little girls who have come into his life are much more than a key to get the shrink ray. They actually seem to care about Gru also, and it turns out he is a great daddy to the little nuggets. When Gru realizes that, his moon mission is on the same day as the girls ballet play, he must decide what's more important either being a father or being the best evil who ever lived.
In my personal opinion, this is the best movie I have ever seen. I would not have done anything differently. The movie gives you different emotions throughout. It goes from making you cry from laughter to make you cry from sadness. It flows perfectly together. Best movie in the whole world I think everyone should take one hour and thirty-five minutes out of their life to watch it. They would never regret it.