The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight

By FernandoAtTheMovies PLATINUM, San Diego, California
FernandoAtTheMovies PLATINUM, San Diego, California

After the success of Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan comes back to direct The Dark Knight. But Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight is not just a comic book movie. It is THE comic book movie and is one of the best movies ever made.

So in The Dark Knight, Batman (Christian Bale) continues his reign as bringing back Gotham back from its own damnation and to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good.. With his help from Commissioner Jim Gordon(Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent(Aaron Eckhart), their plans are working. But the three find themselves against a criminal mastermind known as The Joker, where he forces Batman closer to crossing the line between a symbol/hero and a vigilante.

One of the best things about this movie was Heath Ledger's masterpiece performance as The Joker. He delivered a character that is so insane, so menacing, and so thrilling. The Joker was a villain that really tested Batman mentally, in which Batman tempted on breaking his One Rule(Never to kill) and making his whole belief in criminals to be debunked. Heath Ledger as The Joker was unrecognizable that we actually believed that that was THE Joker. Heath Ledger didn't just deliver an Oscar Winning Performance, but a role that no one will ever forget.

Another new performance is Aaron Eckhart portrayal as Harvey Dent. Harvey Dent is the best of the three, he is the White Knight of Gotham. He has locked so many criminals of Gotham. However, you don't see his greatness until the end of the movie where he becomes into Two-Face.(NOTE: If this is a spoiler, you really don't know about Batman History). This is easily his best role that I have seen him in.

Other than him, we have some really great performance from the cast. Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/ Batman has improved from the previously. We see him as The Batman become into something that he wasn't meant to be: A vigilante. The Joker testes him in no way that a villain so far has tested him: mentally. We also have Gary Oldman still being a great Jim Gordon. The returning cast such as Micheal Caine and Morgan Freeman is just as great as they were in Batman Begins. We also had a recast with Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes, in which she portrayed better than Katie Holmes.

The Dark Knight is not the best comic book movie. It is one of the best movies in modern film history of this decade. Christopher Nolan did something that many thought would never possible. He made a movie that surpasses superhero movies. The Dark Knight is more than a comic book movie. It is a crime drama movie mixed with psychopathic crime mixed with Batman characters. He made something so different, so unique and made a movie with so many twist and turns that no one would expect. He made a movie so beautifully made with so many thoughts that inspired directors like Sam Mendes, Ridley Scott, J.J. Abrams, and Shane Black to make their movies more darker and more realistic.

Dark, Complex, and Unforgettable, and Heath Ledger delivering one of the best performance in film history, Christopher Nolan has done something that no comic book movie has ever done and that is to pass the box that it was created in and become more than a comic book movie. The Dark Knight is AWESOMETACULAR.

Dark, Complex, and Unforgettable, and Heath Ledger delivering one of the best performance in film history, Christopher Nolan has done something that no comic book movie has ever done and that is to pass the box that it was created in and become more than a comic book movie. The Dark Knight is AWESOMETACULAR