Cyberbully | Teen Ink

Cyberbully

By SkyDelight GOLD, Chestermere, Other
SkyDelight GOLD, Chestermere, Other

Bullying... We've all seen it happen. Most of you probably have been a victim. I like the movie Cyberbully because it really shows you what happens when you say stuff about somebody online. Not only does it highlight the why's and how's of cyberbullying, it also sheds light on bystanders.

The movie features Taylor Hillridge, played by Emily Osment, a teenage girl who receives a laptop for her birthday. She is pressured by her friends to create an account on Cliquesters, a social networking site similar to Facebook. On the website, she is slammed and made fun of. It turns out, someone she knew hacked her account, posting fake statues.

As the plot begins to thicken, more secrets are revealed. Taylor ends up try to commit suicide, but finds comfort in a support group. She and her mother decide to take a stand.

I hope you can take something from this movie, and hopefully it will help you realize the harsh effects of all types of bullying.

Bullying is such a strong topic and I don't think parents address it enough. Cyberbully is a great movie for kids and parents to watch.