The Wedding Singer | Teen Ink

The Wedding Singer MAG

By shshinshel573 GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas
shshinshel573 GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas

Poetry is what happens when nothing else can.

Slap on those old neons, crimp your hair, make some popcorn, and sit back to watch “The Wedding Singer.” With a wide array of cast members, music, and dialogue, this movie set in 1985 will leave you feeling as if it was still the ྌs.

Robbie Hart (Adam Sandler) is a successful wedding singer with a love for throwing a fun reception. He is awaiting his own marriage to Linda (Angela Featherstone). During a reception, he meets a waitress named Julia Sullivan (Drew Barrymore). Later, Julia happens to be working at Robbie's wedding when he is stood up at the altar. Robbie becomes depressed and tries to avoid weddings altogether. Julia asks him for help with her wedding plans since her fiancé, Glenn Guglia (Matthew Glave), couldn't care less. As time progresses Robbie realizes he's falling for Julia. Then he finds out a secret that he must keep from her, even if it hurts him.

I could not picture a different cast for this movie. Sandler, Barrymore, Glave, Featherstone, and Covert all play their parts astoundingly. The cast makes the movie even more enjoyable and funny.

This movie makes me feel jubilant. Hearing old ྌs music and seeing all of the bright colors makes me smile. And Sandler is just hilarious.

The perfect audience for this movie would be an Adam Sandler-loving, ྌs-music-appreciating person with a penchant for romantic comedies. “The Wedding Singer” is one of my favorites.

One of my favorite movies, and I would hope everyone has the chance to enjoy the movie as I did.