The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

By Shelby96 BRONZE, El Dorado, Kansas
Shelby96 BRONZE, El Dorado, Kansas

Get up! Get out! And go get it!-Laymon Hicks

What would you do if you were forced to fight 24 people until only one survived? The Hunger Games is about a young man and woman who are picked out of their district to go to the capital and fight against each other until one survives. Everyone is forced to watch back home.

Katniss and her partner, Peeta, have to fight against 22 other people, some who have been training for this game all their lives. Will they both come out alive? Or will they turn on each other? Katniss is Primrose’s older sister who volunteered as a tribute in order to keep Primrose safe. Peeta is a boy who works at his parent’s bakery and has a huge crush on Katniss. The game is played in an arena where the man who runs it controls all aspects of the game.

Katniss Everdeen is played by Jennifer Lawrence as a girl from District 12; she helps keep food on the table for her family and would do anything to help them. Primrose Everdeen is played by Willow Shields, as Katniss’s little sister who was originally called as tribute for the hunger games. Josh Hutcherson as the man chosen from district 12 to be a tribute for the games plays Peeta Melark. Gale Hawthorne who is played by Liam Hemsworth lives in District 12 is best friends with Katniss and is secretly in love with her. Effie Trinket is played by Elizabeth Banks as the lady who escorts the tributes to the capital to start training for the Games.

In this movie I liked the cinematography. The reason I liked it so much is because we get to see how the people changed the time of day, how they added certain details and objects to the game to make it more challenging, and gave them things to make it less challenging. The music in the movie was amazing because it did not distract people watching the movie. We hardly noticed it was there. I think they need to make more movies with these kind of effects. I did not like the movie’s ending. I think there should have been a little more detail to the end instead of such a cliffhanger. That is why they are making a second movie to it.

I think that anyone should be able to go see this movie. The only reason some people should not watch it is if they do not like “gory” scenes. This movie should be rated M for mature so anyone can go see it as long as they are not going to end up sick or anything else. All together this movie was amazing and it did not have that much gore in it. I would give this movie a rating of 8 out of 10 because I thought the ending could have been a little better.

This movie review was written by Shelby Pruitt, who goes to El Dorado High School and is in the tenth grade. She likes to hang out with her friends and walk in town. Shelby watches tons of movies in her spare time and walks her dogs. She tries to stay on top of her schoolwork and keep good grades in school. She does not have many friends but she believes one does not have to be friends with everyone to be happy.

I wrote this review for an assignment in class. But i hope for the people who have not already seen the movie that they will want to after reading this.

Zayyy BRONZE said...
Zayyy BRONZE, Baltimore, Maryland
The Movie was Cooo, I wish they had added a little more from the book but hey, Its show biz right?, Anyway i really loved it, Great job on this article by the way :)