Princess Bride | Teen Ink

Princess Bride

Princess Bride

This story begins actual story begin with the introduction of Buttercup, one of the world twenty most beautiful women, and her life on her farm with her parents, horse, and Westley. One day a group of Florinese appears at the farm. As Buttercup watches another woman looking at Westley, she becomes extremely jealous and falls madly in love with him. But, when Westley goes to America he is murdered by the Dread Pirate Roberts. Buttercup vows to never love again after this event. Prince Humperdinck’s father is dying and he has to marry a princess to take the throne, his advisor tells him of Buttercup and goes to marry her. He demands her hand in marriage but she refuses. Buttercup is captured by criminals and taken to Guilder where a mysterious man in black is following her. The man in black effectively incapacitates the two of the men and kills the third. The identity of the man in black is reveled as the long lost Westley. The two lovers are once again back together again, but not for long as Humperdinck is looking for Buttercup so that he can become king. The two lovers must face great adversity to be with each other and to be able to love for the rest of their lives.