The Dark Knight Rises | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight Rises

By Ms.moustache BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
Ms.moustache BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

All successful men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day towards their distant vision, goal or purpose.

It is hard to find simple words or a mere phrase that correctly describes the powerful Batman movies. Breathtaking. Provocative. Intense. Awe-inspiring. These are several words that come to mind when I think of the films. The third installment of this monumental series is no exception. Christopher Nolan, the ingenious man behind the movies, once again presents us a story that explores human nature in a fantastically dark form. While The Dark Knight Rises was not as good as The Dark Knight, it will not fail to please adoring fans.

The Dark Knight Rises was set 8 years after The Dark Knight's ending, and Gotham is a seemingly peaceful, thriving city. Batman and the man behind the suit, Bruce Wayne, have withdrawn from society and disappeared from the people's eye. That is, until a new bully makes himself known to Gotham. The new villain, known as Bane, was good, but definitely not my favorite. To this day, I'm still captivated by Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker and believe it was far greater than Tom Hardy's performance as Bane. Yet even without the Joker, the movie has many twists and turns that keep audiences on the edge of their seats. The ending of the movie, which also marked the end of the Batman trilogy, was something I feared. How did they expect to finish such an incredible series of movies? I was nervous they would leave Batman off on a bad note, but alas, that was not the case. The resolution to The Dark Knight Rises was extremely satisfying and lingered in my mind for hours on end. Of course, I won't spoil the end for those who have yet to see the movie, but I do urge everyone who loves action packed, mind provoking movies to go out and see it! Adorned with explosions, Batman's new and improved toys, and Anne Hathaway in a skintight cat suit, this movie is sure to be the blockbuster of the year.