Brave This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Mother/daughter conflicts are hard; most of us have seen it; some of us experienced it; princess Merida certainly does. The new Pixar movie, Brave, which came out on June 22, 2012, focuses on, conflicts different from the classic, winning the princess. Instead, it speaks truly about the difficult relationship that can form within a family. Merida's mother, Queen Elinor, wants her daughter to be a prim, proper, and respectable princess, but Merida won't have it. The only thing that the wild, flyaway red haired, Scottish girl wants is freedom; especially freedom from the inevitable betrothal which looms in her near future.

Merida soon becomes frustrated and determined to disobey her mother's continual reminders to act like a lady. A rift is formed between the mother and daughter which widens beyond reason and the effect of this conflict brings an astounding outcome for the family and kingdom. To right the situation, the bond of love must be healed and both Elinor and Merida have to be brave enough to accept the challenge. The love that burns fiercely within their hearts needs only to be reawakened by a spell, a transformation, and the true determination of both mother and daughter.

With bows and arrows, bears and men, the story of growth and family mending unfolds. Though some of the lessons may be lost on the targeted younger age, they will come brilliantly into view for anyone who has experienced any of the challenges of love facing mother and daughter. A movie filled with lessons and laughs, will leave even teenagers clapping and smiling.

The latest in Pixar fantasy is a must see for anyone who needs a subtle reminder that the love in family bonds needs to be renewed and nurtured so that they will forever remain unbreakable. For anyone looking to see an adorable movie, with a ringing of trueness tucked into it, Brave would be just the thing to watch. The killer Scottish accents and ear splitting bagpipes will bring a smile to any face.

If you go to see it in theaters, stay through the credits to the end, a surprise awaits the patient observers. Remember, you have the power to change your fate, but you have to be brave enough to do it.

JesusandHisLawyersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21 at 2:22 am:
I really wanted to like this movie. I really, really wanted to like this movie. Mother-daughter focussed film with NO dudebro love interest? Hell yeah. But . . . this film fell flat for me. Animation and soundtrack were great, but the story, arguably the single most important part of any narrative work ever produced, was weak, confused, and inconsistent. Nice try Brave, but definitely not the next Mulan. 

Laugh_Live_WriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 6 at 10:17 pm:
Great review! I liked this movie. I loved the soundtrack as well. :) Good job!

LunaGlows said...
Mar. 17 at 1:53 pm:
Interesting evaluation, and I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, but when I first saw it at school months after its release, I got bored. When my mom saw it, she wasn't impressed either, though we both agreed the animation was amazing.

mrsperegrineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Awesome review! I have always wanted to see this movie but never got a chance. You've inspired me to rent it on Netflix :). 

Keesh replied...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 6:14 pm :
Yay! Glad to hear it. Also, thank you. :)

AilsaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:01 am:
very good, i like the detail, but maybe there was too much on one thing. i thorughly enjoyed this movie, it brought tears to my eyes :)

4evameme said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 pm:
that girl is BRAVE

MadameElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:36 pm:
 Good review. Very detailed, it goes deeper into the movie. Good job!:)

Keesh replied...
Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:35 pm :
Thank you!

tori26shippThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:48 pm:
Some new writers... for their movies and tv shows

Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm:

I absolutely love this movie. By far one of Pixar's best. The only sad thing is that for their next one they're copping out and doing another sequel. I like this addition to the disney princesses

Keesh replied...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:43 pm :

Yea, I think it was great that Disney decied to move away from Princes and true love, and went to more realistic problems of family drama. 

What are they doing a squel to? I haven't been keeping up with coming pixar movies. But I did like this movie quite a lot. :D

tori26shippThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm :
Monsters Inc. They're making a prequel, with sully and mike in college

Keesh replied...
Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:16 am :
Oh dear... that sounds bad. Sigh, come on, lets see some creativity... oh well.

Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm :
I don't know what's up with Disney and Pixar, all of their profit seems to b  just coming from re-releasing movies on dvd and in 3D. 

Keesh replied...
Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm :
Yea, and that's no fun.... *sigh* they need some new ideas badly. :|