Remember me | Teen Ink

Remember me

By alex77 GOLD, Sofia, Other
alex77 GOLD, Sofia, Other

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." - E. B. White

In all honesty, I dislike Robert Pattinson so I was biased when I pressed "play". However, the brooding darkness and the mistrusting girl soon lured me down, and before I knew it I was glued to the screen. In truth I never expected the movie to end like this. 11th September 2001! I guess, by killing Tyler the point was clarified.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it because nobody else will. Like when someone comes into your life and half of you says: "You're nowhere near ready". And the other half says: "Make her yours forever. Work on the forever part!"
He did made a significant difference to the way his world turns around. Although in perspective, thinking globally, making the childhood of one girl isn't heroic, it was a struggle. I love Gandhi's quote. In the beginning I also agreed with the first part but the encapsulation of a human's tale of woes made me see that waking up in the morning to listen to Mozart and swot Biochemistry up, in just one brick in the wall. Never give up on the petty routines that make you the human you're because someday that little war you're leading those insignificant matters would eventually engender a chasm in someone or something.
What I enjoyed most about the movie, though, is the way they had intersected the sloppy drama story with the commemoration of a tragic event which led to a change in people's outlook to the world and planted a great question mark in the roots of our trust and belief in the better. I'm no American but I commiserate with the victim's relatives and friends, and I sympathise with Ally.
There are time when I just love to be proved wrong. About this film I certainly was!

Off to watch another love drama that wouldn't shake me so much, hopefully...