Invictus | Teen Ink

Invictus

By TavyLong BRONZE, Sacramento, California
TavyLong BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Nelson Mandela States, “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.” Academy award winner Morgan Freeman plays in the movie “Invictus” as Nelson Mandela fighting against apartheid laws and bringing everyone together. He goes from the 1994 election all the way to South Africa’s world cup quest in Rugby. This movie will give you a more positive perspective about Mandela. He definitely deserves another award for this movie.

I know that the theme of this movie is about reconciliation and redemption. Reconcile is like forgiveness and Mandela put all his anger aside for the white people and forgave them. He did his best for both whites and black to be able to work together. And it was about redemption because after 27 years in prison Mandela had to prove himself all over again. He redeemed himself by winning the election and becoming the president of South Africa.

The two main characters in this movie is Matt Damon that starred as captain of the Springboks Rugby team, Francois Pienaar. Another main character that was mentioned before was Morgan Freeman. You may have heard it many times now but he played such an excellent role as Nelson Mandela. Between the years of 1994 and 1995 during the time when apartheid became active, Mandela thought Rugby would bring everyone together as one.

The actors were phenomenal and did such a fantastic job on their part. They made it seem realistic although this movie is based on a true story. This movie is based on the book, “Playing the enemy” by John Carlin. The movie was released by The Warner Brothers Pictures. This movie shows how much Mandela is destined for greatness and how he will use it to benefit others.

Mandela in the movie tried to seek the positive thing in every bad situation. This movie is both heartwarming and drama filled. It will keep you on the edge of your seats. You will see Mandela in a different perspective after seeing this movie. This movie is jam packed and will show you how apartheid was back then.

This movie involves reconciliation, redemption and many more. This all comes from Mandela (Morgan Freeman) and Matt Damon (Francois Pienaar) positive new change. This is like a life teaching and showing others to give each other a chance and just forgive. This movie in my opinion should be an Oscar nominee. This movie has become one of my favorite movies of all-time.

TheWritingArtist PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I think the author needs to be careful of grammar errors. Also, you don't need to continue repeating the 'redemption and reconciliation' bit. The movie sounds fantastic though!