The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

May 22, 2012
By mikey4614 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
mikey4614 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I was younger I didn’t understand which movies were good or bad. Everyone has their own opinion on each movie they have watched. I will tell everyone my opinion about the actors in The Hungar Games, the scenes and how much it was related to the book.
Overall I thought the best actors were Katniss, Prim and Peeta.They each played their part good and fit into their character. I also think it is because they have all acted before. When it came to the bad actors i would have to say Katniss’s mom and most of the capitol people over acted a lot. Each one of them would play their part with no emotion, just boring looks.
Throughout the whole movie the camera was very shaky. The scenes were very good except when it came to when they saw the force field, it looked very fake. I think the best scene was Katniss’s house. It looked exactly what it sounded like in the book! I was very impressed with most of the scenes.
For most of the movie it followed the book. Some important parts from the book weren’t in the movie. An example of this is when Madge gave Katniss the pin, but in the movie Katniss bought the pin herself. It also made me mad that in the movie we didn’t even meet madge! In the movie I think the directors should have defined how long katnisswas with or knew rue, it seemed like a very short time.
Personally I think the book was a lot better that the movie, even though that’s normally how it works. Although I am glad I went to see it. If I could recommend something to everyone it would be to read the book before seeing the movie.