Paranormal Activity 3

Released on October 21, 2011 by Paramount Pictures, the third of the Paranormal Activity franchise was the most terrifying movie I’ve seen since the Halloween series. I spent 84 straight minutes in the theatre with my knees tucked under my chin and an increased heart rate. This movie played on anticipation extremely well. The entire time I always thought I’d know what would happen next, but never came out right. I love the fact that Paranormal Activity 3 kept me on my toes, for lack of a better phrase. I even considered seeing it a second time the next day. Although there was no eerie music or bloody body parts, I was still genuinely scared out of my wits. I noticed back in the first two movies what was actually scaring the viewers; the camcorder effect. Unlike most other horror movies, The Paranormal Activity franchise just simply looked real. The camcorder effect made it feel like I was right along experiencing the horror. It’s is now out on DVD and is available from price ranges $12.99 to $24.999 if you purchase Blu-Ray.