The Hunger Games This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Hunger Games,” based on the best-selling book series, is an amazing adaptation that will surely satisfy everyone.

In case you've been living under a rock, I'll summarize the plot: The story takes place in the post-apocalyptic future in the nation of Panem, which contains a large and wealthy city called the Capitol, and is surrounded by 12 less fortunate districts. Ever year, the Capitol hosts a televised event called the Hunger Games, where one boy and one girl from each district are chosen by lottery and forced to fight to the death in an arena until only one victorious “tribute” remains.

When the protagonist, Katniss Everdeen, learns that her sister has been selected to participate in the 74th Hunger Games, she volunteers to take her place to spare her life. Peeta Mellark is the other tribute chosen from District 12. While they are training and preparing for the games, Katniss learns that Peeta has loved her for a long time. So when it is finally time for them to enter the arena, Katniss has to decide between love and survival.

Jennifer Lawrence, who plays Katniss, is amazing. In my opinion, she gives Katniss a passion and emotion that no other actress could have done better. When one of her allies dies, she does a great job portraying her sadness. Throughout, Lawrence displays a lot through her body language so we can clearly see her feelings as she sprints through the forest during the Hunger Games.

Josh Hutcherson, who plays Peeta, is just as delightful to watch. He displays physical fitness as he fights, and shows his love for Katniss with amazing emotion. When Peeta tells Katniss how he feels about her, you can feel the chemistry between them.

Overall, “The Hunger Games” is one of the best films I have seen. The storyline is interesting and believable, and all the actors show the perfect amount of emotion. I would recommend this movie to anyone. It doesn't matter whether you love science fiction or romance, since this movie has everything.

Alycia L. said...
Great review! I love how you analyzed the actors/actresses and the way they portrayed their roles! Excellent!

rheame said...
Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:59 am
wow ! lovely review! it really creates an urge in me to watch the movie.you have summarised the whole storyline in a nutshell. that is really commendable . well, keep it up !!!!!!

CountryMusic said...
There have been so many articles written about The Hunger Games but this one is really well done! I'm so proud of you for getting this published in the print magazine :)

girly21 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 4, 2012 at 9:48 am
Thanks for the comments!

torilutz8 said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:56 am
Great review! You managed to sum up the plot without giving away any spoilers (that's hard for me to do xD) good job :)

girly21 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 4, 2012 at 9:45 am
Thank you :) I'm glad you like it! Hehe it was hard not to give any spoilers!

IAmWhoIWantToBe said...
I like this movie review. I haven't really read/watched it but I think you made it interesting. I also liked the part where you address the comparison between Twilight and Hunger Games. I think you did a good job in this article...

May 4, 2012 at 9:46 am
Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the comparisons!

Belen said...

Great review! I read these books and watched the movie and loved every bit!

May 4, 2012 at 9:46 am
Thank you!