Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

What He Achieved

Everyone knows who Tim Burton is. We are all familiar with The Nightmare before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands. Burton is a master at creating heartwarming tales that are downright creepy. Even though, these are a must see for all.

Tim Burton has done it again with his most recent piece, Sweeney Todd. He brings out the talent we never knew Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter had. They are phenomenal actors but in Burton’s rendition of Sweeney Todd he shows us they can sing, making us love them even more.

Burton does a great job using the talent of Depp and Carter to accurately portray the feeling and emotion the characters have. Depp is able to viciously murder many people in order to get to the man who took his wife and daughter, ruining his life. In the role of Mrs. Lovett Carter plays a conniving woman who hides Sweeney Todd’s wife from him in a desperate attempt to make him love her.

This is a heart wrenching tale of long-lost-lovers with a deadly twist only Tim Burton can achieve.

Although this movie is not appropriate for all ages, it is a must see for all who can stomach it. Tim Burton is the best director of all time, seeing his movie is an experience to which nothing can compare.