Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street | Teen Ink

Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

April 11, 2012
By lovebug1219 BRONZE, Saugerties, New York
lovebug1219 BRONZE, Saugerties, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"love wins, love always wins"- professor Morrie Schwartz (Tuesdays with Morrie)


What He Achieved

Everyone knows who Tim Burton is. We are all familiar with The Nightmare before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands. Burton is a master at creating heartwarming tales that are downright creepy. Even though, these are a must see for all.


Tim Burton has done it again with his most recent piece, Sweeney Todd. He brings out the talent we never knew Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter had. They are phenomenal actors but in Burton’s rendition of Sweeney Todd he shows us they can sing, making us love them even more.


Burton does a great job using the talent of Depp and Carter to accurately portray the feeling and emotion the characters have. Depp is able to viciously murder many people in order to get to the man who took his wife and daughter, ruining his life. In the role of Mrs. Lovett Carter plays a conniving woman who hides Sweeney Todd’s wife from him in a desperate attempt to make him love her.


This is a heart wrenching tale of long-lost-lovers with a deadly twist only Tim Burton can achieve.


Although this movie is not appropriate for all ages, it is a must see for all who can stomach it. Tim Burton is the best director of all time, seeing his movie is an experience to which nothing can compare.


The author's comments:
This review is on the movie Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, as well as the director Tim Burton and the main actors, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. The director and "anchor" actors are just as important as the story line. If they don't do a good job, the movie turns out crappy. No matter how good the story line.