Rocky Horror Picture Show | Teen Ink

Rocky Horror Picture Show

April 3, 2012
By taylorleighongley BRONZE, Pleasantville, Pennsylvania
taylorleighongley BRONZE, Pleasantville, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love the life you live and live the life you love~Bob Marley


The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult classic from the 1970’s is a comedic parody of many B-Movie, Sci-Fi and Horror movies from the 1940-1970’s. It stars Tim Curry (Home Alone 2 Lost in New York), Susan Sarandon, Meatloaf, Little Neil, and many others. It is a very interesting movie filled with music, laughs and oddities. The movie is explores the darker side of human sexuality and the idea of creating the “ideal” man.
It is a cult film and has an enormous fan base. All over the country there are showings of the movie. At these special showings fans dress up as their favorite character and act out parts of the play. It is a very amazing thing to see.
The Main characters of the movie are Dr. Frank-N-Furter (a scientist), Janet Weiss (a heroine), Brad Majors(a hero), Columbia(a groupie), Magenta(a domestic), Riff Raff(a handyman), Rocky Horror(a creation), Dr. Everett V. Scott(a rival scientist), The Criminologist(an expert), and Eddie(an ex-delivery boy). All of which are extremely odd and funny in their own quirky way.
I highly recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys musicals of any kind!