Footloose | Teen Ink

Footloose

QueenLiz BRONZE,

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -Anais Nin

My mom grew up during the 80’s and the movie Footloose was like her decades Harry Potter or Twilight. Kevin Bacon was their Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner. When we decided to watch the remake of the movie Footloose I wasn’t sure if she would like it, but surprisingly she thought it was great. The movie stayed very closely to the original, but of course had a few changes. These changes just added to the plot and were unnoticeable. Kenny Wormald did a great job as Ren and did Kevin Bacon justice. Other characters were casted very well like Julianne Hough as Ariel and Miles Teller as Willard. It was cool that the actors from the new movie wore similar outfits to the original even though it was modernized. These include Ariel’s prom dress and Ren’s wardrobe. It was nice that there were lines taken from the original and put in the same context of the new version. I thought that Footloose was worth watching and the director Craig Brewer did a great job keeping it to the original. If you are bored during spring break I think you should definitely watch this movie Footloose