My Big Fat greek Wedding | Teen Ink

My Big Fat greek Wedding

March 19, 2012
By Eitan.A BRONZE, East Hampton, New York
Eitan.A BRONZE, East Hampton, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Ready for a laugh? Then make some popcorn, turn out the lights, take a seat, and watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This fun-filled film is great for kids and adults of all ages. This movie represents a love story of a man and a woman (one Greek and one American) who fight hard to convince their parents to let them marry.
Throughout the movie, there is much dancing, culture, and especially eating. Almost everything in this movie, from the funny accents to the Greek culture, is sure to give you a laugh. The movie represents the Greek’s pride of being Greek, as well as their hatred of anything not Greek (Including the girl’s future husband).
There are also other funny lines from the film, such as how the girl’s father constantly tries to prove that every English (and even sometimes Japanese) word comes from a Greek word. Obsessions like these are what make this movie a winner. There is a lot of character too, such as of the girls grandmother, a ninety-year-old lady who has something to say about everything, not always for the better.
This movie, rated PG, is 1 hour 35 minutes long. It is a comedy/romance and is available on DVD and on Netflix. The film was directed by Joel Zwick and was written By Nia Verdalos. Whether you’re 80 or 10, Greek or not, this movie is a great, fun-filled film good for everyone.