John Carter | Teen Ink

John Carter

March 13, 2012
By lmgon BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
lmgon BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." ~ Unknown


A talented cast with all the right chemistry made this movie a superb action-adventure film for audiences to watch. Edgar Rice Burroughs’s John Carter series was brought to life on the big screen; it follows the story of the former military Captain, John Carter (Taylor Kitsch) who is transported to Mars where he becomes entangled in a conflict between the planet’s natives. While there, he makes new friends, falls in love, and ultimately rediscovers his humanity (which he had forsaken).

Believe me when I say the two hours I spent watching it was worth every second of it. This movie was one of the numerous and yet eminent successes produced by Walt Disney Pictures that will be cherished in audience’s homes for years to come.

Director Andrew Stanton (directed many other Disney movies such as the Toy Story Trilogy, Finding Nemo, Cars, etc.) did a fantastic job at bringing all of the characters and other worldly creatures to life. Audience members could easily relate to all the characters’ emotions. The movie was seeping with imagination giving us the hopes to perhaps one day discover life on other planets.