Hall Pass

2.5 out of 5

In my opinion this movie was not at all a complete disaster from the start. I just think it was one HELL of a waste of potential. The idea seemed very original and could generate a lot of great elements (and most notably a better script) to make Hall Pass the best it could be.

Unfortunately the movie goes very bleak within the first 45 minutes, or so. I thought the movie was going to be where a bunch of guys get a week off of their marriages so they can go have all the crazy sex and break all the crazy laws they want to. What actually happened was the wives having all the fun while the guys try to get laid; while overall, nothing ACTUALLY happens. This is one of those movies I can just nit-pick through the whole thing, each and every frame.

Oh, and the dialogue is surprisingly horrible! I felt like I was watching a bunch of great famous actors in a soft core porn film, only without the sex scenes!

Hall Pass is sort of a mixed bag, it can manage to be very funny, funny to the point where I was laughing out loud. I actually wasn't expecting this movie to make me laugh at all. It was mostly thanks to Owen Wilson. There's something about Luke and Owen that I always find very funny. But what I really liked about this was all of the movie references. When I had finally realized that the writers had just made a reference to Terminator 2, I was like "woah, awesome!"

This film wasn't really "disappointing" because I already knew it was going to end up lazy, but it really is a big waste! Poor potential.