The Help This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Sweet, humorous, and emotional, “The Help” is a touching film about the struggles of living in the deep South. Based on the book by Kathryn Stockett, the movie version captures its essence perfectly, revealing the hardships of the African-American domestic staff working in white homes while emphasizing the dilemma of these women who lovingly raise white children only to have them grow up to become cruel employers.

Director Tate Taylor brings together an amazing cast, including the vibrant Emma Stone, as the persistent writer Skeeter, who works to reveal the point of view of “the help” while fending off her mother's pressure to find a husband. Octavia Spencer plays the sassy Minny, who gets fired and finds work in the home of a white woman who is new to town and does not fit the mold. And lastly, the honest Aibileen (Viola Davis) is a maid who has raised 17 white children and struggles with grief over her own son's death.

The movie speaks volumes about the importance of courage and shows that with the help of friends, great barriers can be overcome. “The Help” is a poignant and humorous movie that leaves the audience clutching a tissue and hugging their families. It is by far the most touching movie of the year.

Cyber-Skull This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my god. I love this movie. it's one of the few movies of this genre I like. THis and the Blind Side are movies that I know I will like, but cannot get my mind wrapped around. It's a great movie!