Safe House | Teen Ink

Safe House

By ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut
ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @ss...and i'm all out of bubblegum." (They Live 1988)

2.5 out of 5

Safe House really isn't all that bad of a movie, in fact some scenes in this movie can easily be considered massively entertaining and very fun...at least by a typical moviegoer. I watch movies with a critical eye and as far as I'm concerned, this was a huge waste of potential. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, fun, entertaining R rated action movie. I can easily give a movie a passable rating for being fun enough for me to overlook it's flaws, but THIS film just felt plain empty. Right from the opening scene we can tell that this movie is in fact taking itself very seriously. Noticing how realistic and dramatically tense this was I couldn't help but think of how much better this would have been as a crazy action-comedy. Near the middle Ryan Reynold's character is forced to give up on trying to get Denzel's character to the safe house. That is when the movie really starts to feel like a mess.