From Dusk Till Dawn | Teen Ink

From Dusk Till Dawn

By ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut
ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @ss...and i'm all out of bubblegum." (They Live 1988)

4 out of 5

From Dusk Till Dawn isn't just a fun B action/horror movie, it's a brilliantly fun B action/horror movie.  George Clooney is more awesome than ever.  I don't care how great he is in any next Oscar contender, this is my favorite role of his.  Quentin Tarantino is funny and fits in as well.  They are the ultimate perfect match of partners. In crime!

This was the first time a movie had been made in which Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodrigues were both involved.  And it works perfectly!  Although feeling quite short, the first half of the movie is more like a Tarantino movie, who wrote this whole movie by himself. This half is where we get engaged in the story and meet our protagonists.  The second half is more like a Rodrigues film; there are zombie-like vampires, there is blood, guns, guts and gore.  The main characters battle these vampires through the rest of the movie.  All the action is completely entertaining and badass.  

It's too bad though that in the first half there wasn't a whole lot of Tarantino dialogue that you find in his other films like Pulp Fiction or Reservior Dogs.  EXAMPLES: "Royale with cheese", "I don't tip".  There is a little bit of this in From Dusk Till Dawn but I think it would have been better with more of it.  It's also too bad that in the second half the ending was a bit unsatisfying leaving me a bunch of unanswered questions.  This is why I was really *really* close to giving this 3.5 stars.  I didn't though and kept my rating at 4 stars how I wanted it because, A: this movie really shouldn't be taken seriously and is just meant for pure fun without any kind of meaning.  And, B: I love this movie and I'd probably rather watch it than most B movies.  I think with an open mind anyone can like this.