Super 8 | Teen Ink

Super 8

By ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut
ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @ss...and i'm all out of bubblegum." (They Live 1988)

4 out of 5

Super 8 terrifically combines elements from the coming-of-age films such as Stand by Me, Steven Steven Spielberg's sci-fi movies like E.T, and Spielberg's 70s thrillers like Jaws. And this is a 2011 blockbuster??

Its more of a movie about the kids, not really the creature. Everything about them seemed real. I really liked how they had the kids enjoy making movies instead of sports. It reminded me of me when I was their age. Oh and the acting by the kids is pretty outstanding for modern kid actors. It's so hard these days to find some really good kid actors. I mean how many kid actors are there now that aren't on the damn Disney channel? It was really cool how these kids were pretending to act bad when they were making their short film.

Everything else about Super 8 is just really a solid base hit! The writing, directing etc. The movie was suspenseful in the right parts and funny in the right parts. The only thing I didn't really like about the movie was how the climax...well there really wasn't any kind of ending climax. It sort of just felt like they wrapped it up a little too easily. However I really did love the movie, plus the fake short-film during the credits was probably my favorite part!

So I definitely recommend the movie. As I said before, it's a great throwback to all those movies you love from the 70s and 80s.