The Outsiders | Teen Ink

The Outsiders

January 27, 2012
By Kay_Hall_20 BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia
Kay_Hall_20 BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Greasers and the Soc’s are 2 gangs in a large, unnamed town in the U.S. who are always looking for trouble. When Johnny murders Bob in self defense, him and Ponyboy run away to an abandoned church to avoid getting arrested. Eventually, while Ponyboy and Johnny arrive back at the church from going on a drive, it is flaming with bright, red fire. Ponyboy and Johnny were shocked with fear, and as brave as these Greasers are, they run inside the scorching hot church to save the children that were trapped inside. They both escape alive, but Johnny, with burnt skin, is faced with a life threatening condition.


Francis Ford Coppola directed this tremendous crime drama, which is called, The Outsiders. He directed it in the 1960’s, with prominent stars, C. Thomas Howell (Ponyboy), Matt Dillon (Dallas), Ralph Macchio (Johnny), and Patrick Swayze (Darrel).


This movie also has outstanding special effects, especially Johnny’s skin while he was in the hospital, and the Greasers hair, it all looked incredible!


I thought this was an amazing movie from beginning to end. It taught a life lesson, and it got more and more exciting along the way. I recommend this movie to anybody who enjoys action, but also is okay with observing violence!