Drumline | Teen Ink

Drumline MAG

By islandbaby340 BRONZE, Dover, Delaware
islandbaby340 BRONZE, Dover, Delaware

“Drumline” is an inspirational story about Devon Miles (Nick Cannon), a drummer from New York City who earns a scholarship to Atlanta A&T University to play in the marching band. As Devon finds his rhythm within the band, he develops a conflict with Sean, the leader of the drum section.

Devon thinks he can carry the whole band by himself, but after challenging Sean to a drum-off, Devon soon realizes that it takes more than talent to succeed. I believe the movie's message to teens is simply “the will must be greater than the skill.”

I particularly liked the ­development of the relationship between Devon and Sean. Through their forged friendship, an outstanding marching band is created. The team begins to work in amazing ways and coins the phrase “one band, one sound.”

“Drumline” is a spectacular movie I would recommend to all teens. It not only entertains but also teaches viewers about teamwork.

I really enjoyed “Drumline.” The rage, action, and excitement made it awesome. It's definitely worth watching.