Insidious | Teen Ink

Insidious

January 6, 2012
By Jobel Walker BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Jobel Walker BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Grab your snacks and get ready to get scared because horror films have not been this exciting for a very long time. The directors of Saw and Paranormal Activity, James Wan and Leigh Whannell, finally thought outside the box to deliver Insidious. A somewhat 21st century film with new twists to leave you panting on the edge of your seats.

After Josh and Renai move into a new home with two children everything seems to be fine but within the first couple of days, their older son, Dalton falls in the attic and then collapses into a coma the same night. Months had passed by and doctors can’t seem to find an answer to why he’s in the coma. While Renai stays home and mothers Dalton, she begins to believe that some demon is trying to take her son away from her and her husband. As she explains this to Josh’s mother, she calls in a psychic friend of hers. The medium then makes a shocking discovery. Dalton is being attacked by spirits from what they call, “The Further,” a place of forever tortured souls. If they don’t figure out a way to bring back Dalton out of his coma, he will be gone, forever.

If you’re into the mythology of any paranormal activity, this movie is without a doubt the one for you. It is one of the best old-fashioned 21st century genre films that I for one have ever seen. “Insidious” will surely put you on the edge of your seat.