The Town This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Town” brings Ben Affleck back to where he has thrived – Boston, in all its glory and poverty. In the last few years I've become a crime drama fan. I used to hate this genre in movies and especially on television, but recently I've come around. “The Town” is full of characters we've all seen before: the cop (Jon Hamm) who desperately wants to get the scary-smart criminal, and the criminal (Affleck), who can feel the heat and wants out but can't because his crew (headed by Jeremy Renner) needs him for this one last “score of a lifetime.”

I've never understood the concept of the score of a lifetime. If you've been a criminal all your life, at some point I think you'd realize your luck stinks. But no, they never do. So the last big million-dollar haul is always too tempting to pass up. And, yes, there's always a girl (Rebecca Hall) who comes between the group and messes everything up because the mastermind can't focus on the big score. And, of course, the cop always finds the mastermind through the girl.

So, no, “The Town” isn't original in any sense of the word, but Affleck does a marvelous job executing all of the pieces. He also gets to wear multiple hats, showing off his directing and writing skills. “The Town” was one of the best movies of 2010 with a great cast of actors headed by Affleck himself.

This movie is rated R.