Green Hornet Stings the Box Office | Teen Ink

Green Hornet Stings the Box Office

November 17, 2011
By cneslaw BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
cneslaw BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

The Green Hornet
Director: Michel Gondry
Producer: Neil H. Moritz
Britt Reid: Seth Rogen
Kato: Jay Chou
Chudnofsky: Christopher Waltz
Lenore Case: Cameron Diaz
Running time: 119 minutes
Release Date: January 14th, 2011
Genre: Action/Comedy


Green Hornet Stings the Box Office

“Everybody knows, when you corner a hornet you get stung,” says Britt Reid to is partner in crime, Kato (Chou) when coming up with their crime-fighting, or committing, name. It all started when party-crazy Britt Reid (Rogen) finds out his father, who is in charge of the most powerful newspaper, The Daily Sentinel, is dead, leaving Britt in charge. Obviously, this is a big change from his regular 22-year-old lifestyle. Now, he has to actually be responsible for once.


When he meets Kato, the man who worked on his father’s cars and made his coffee, they are instantly friends. When Britt finds out about all the crime going on in Los Angeles while working on the newspaper, he decides to do something about it. He teams up with Kato, and together, they become The Green Hornet. With their souped-up car, The Black Beauty, which Kato has been secretly working on, and Kato’s fighting skills, anything is possible, starting with the removal of his father’s head from a statue to create controversy.


Then, Kato and Britt come across Chudnofsky, (Waltz) a hard-core villain, who isn’t afraid of anything. Kato and Britt must figure out how to stop Chudnofsky, and at the same time, win over the girl they both like, Lenore Case (Diaz).



The Green Hornet was a great movie. I fully enjoyed it. I thought that the movie’s special effects were top notch, because in every fight scene, I felt like I was actually there. I also enjoyed the movie’s sound track because the music was well chosen and fit where it was played. All the actors were great in this movie, but my favorites were Seth Rogen and Jay Chou. They both were fantastic actors and were hilarious. This movie was based off the Marvel comic book series, The Green Hornet, and some things were different. In the comic book series, Britt was a newspaper salesperson, instead of the producer of the newspaper. Other than that, I think most of everything else was the same in the movie. I would recommend The Green Hornet for anybody ages 11 and up, because some parts had lots of violence, moreover for people who like movies that are action packed, and very funny. Overall, I think I would rate The Green Hornet an 8.5 out of 10.

The author's comments:
I wrote this review because I felt that the movie was amazing and people should know about it.