Let Me In | Teen Ink

Let Me In

November 3, 2011
By KevyU BRONZE, Hemet, California
KevyU BRONZE, Hemet, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Let Me In, directed by Matt Reeves, is a dark, suspenseful, coming of age thriller. It stars Kodi Smit-McPhee, as 12 year old Owen, and Chloe Moretz as Abby. Owen is the typical outcast who gets bullied in school, and Abby is his mysterious neighbor who must conceal the fact that she is a vampire. Right off the bat, Abby tells Owen they cannot be friends. She knows that she may be tempted to kill him for his blood and does not want to risk it. But the chemistry between them, keeps drawing them back together to the playground behind their apartment building. The relationship builds, and they soon become more than friends. But Abby’s thirst for blood is intensifying, and she must find victims to satisfy her thirst. Even though Owen is horrified in the beginning he begins to understand that Abby must do this to survive. In the end Abby helps Owen fight back against his bullies, and Owen gives Abby a best friend.

Throughout this movie I could not help but think how incredibly awesome it would be to have a vampire boyfriend. But not the kind in the movie Twilight, Edward was way too dramatic for me. In this movie, Abby can climb buildings and trees like no other. It would be like dating Spiderman. If I was dating a vampire, I would not have to cook him food because anything other than blood makes them sick. If I got my kite stuck in a tree, it would be no problem. Dating a vampire would be way better than dating a human. I mean, just think of the bragging rights that would come with that!