Contagion | Teen Ink

Contagion

By idontlikethis122 BRONZE, Chaka, Minnesota
idontlikethis122 BRONZE, Chaka, Minnesota

The movie starts with a cough and end with millions of deaths. A fatal virus spreads across the world in this thriller. Steven Soderbergh, supposedly known for not making heartwarming movies, creates the virus MEV-1 which travels around the world leaving only dead bodies behind. Gwyneth Paltrow plays the victim, Beth Emhoff, is quickly shoved off as she dies from the virus. Quickly after her son also dies, leaving Mitch Emhoff (Damon) alone. The virus moves worldwide, and shows many different cases of the MEV-1. Soon researchers in the movie try and trace the virus all around the world. Finding the starting city, tracing it Minneapolis, then onward, who knows where this virus is going. The try to find a vaccine and they do everything thing they can while the world is falling apart. Although this is a very believable real life situation, the movie seemed to drag on. It felt like more of an informational movie then recreational. The only thrill seemed to be what would happen in the end. Would the virus be stopped? The one reason that this movie would be a good this to watch is if you are wondering how everything began. This movie rates 3.5 stars out of 5.

I saw this movie, it's my opinion but I have reasons to back this up.