Insidious Movie Review | Teen Ink

Insidious Movie Review

By EGOGGS BRONZE, Chanhassen, Minnesota
EGOGGS BRONZE, Chanhassen, Minnesota

Stuff Happens. Live With It.

The movie Insidious was directed by James Wan, written by Leigh Whannell, and stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, and Ty Simpkins. The suspense of the movie will make you want to shiver in your seat and maybe grab the person next to you. The movie is about a little boy, Dalton, falls into a mysterious coma on one ordinary morning. Little does the family know there is much more to this endless sleep they are getting. It meets the eye as they explore the paranormal and the past of Dalton’s father. Recovering the father’s past they use hypnosis to explore where he was when this exact paranormal activity happened to himself. This movie is very mind-blowing because it shows the normal world and the world that sucks them in during the coma. It gives the sense of what to look out for when buying a house or even having another kid, after this same thing has happened to you as a child. The movie can scare you while it can make you think at the same time. I really liked the movie, it made me feel scared but it also made me feel good when the boy came back from his coma. It is a great movie to watch with someone you care about and you don’t want anything to happen to them. I recommend the movie for teenagers because they will get more of the thrills.

The movie inspired me to write about it because it was a thrill and got my blood flowing as i sat and watched it.