Paranormal Activity 3 | Teen Ink

Paranormal Activity 3

October 25, 2011
By TheatreHunter BRONZE, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
TheatreHunter BRONZE, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Paranormal Activity 3 was not only a great horror movie but it was a great addition to the Paranormal Series. The biggest reason why the movie turned out so good is because it’s so different. Paranormal Activity 3 is able to keep the same concept of demons and a family haunting. The concept is retained and saved, but the layout of the movie takes a different turn.


First of all, the movie started getting people on the edge of their seats very early on. The series’ eerie quietness and anxiety is a major role to the movies success and it’s no different with the third installment. From the quiet anticipation to the always-changing scenery, the movie is scary in all aspects.


But what I love most about the new approach to the Paranormal movie is what I like to call, “locked-in situations”. Almost all the characters reach point where they’re inside a closed room and peer out, only to the find the demon playing with them like a game.

These “locked-in” situations give such a new perception on the experience of what it would be like to be in the character’s situation. It makes the audience put themselves in these situations and makes them scare themselves. And letting the audience scare themselves is what makes these movies successful. The audience is conjuring all the feelings and imagery with their minds transmitted from screen; in other words, brilliance.


The author's comments:
Paranormal Activity 3 is keeping it's title for one more year. The horror continues, the scenery changes, but the concept is retained, demons are still number one in the theaters.