Soul Surfer | Teen Ink

Soul Surfer

By nicolehalpryn BRONZE, Miami Beach, Florida
nicolehalpryn BRONZE, Miami Beach, Florida

Based on a true story and novel, in the tragic and inspirational movie, Soul Surfer, the courageous main character, Bethany Hamilton lives to surf. Unfortunately, tragedy strikes and her dream of professionally surfing is disrupted by a nearly fatal shark attack. Yet, all of Bethany’s passion, dedication, and support from her family and friends help her move forward. This movie follows the story of a thirteen-year old heroine who faces a challenge that without a doubt leads to triumph.
Bethany’s accident can nearly be summed up by Friedrich Nietzsche wise words: “what doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger”. Bethany’s journey to discovering her new purpose in life is nothing but moving and inspirational to all. The movie contains an enthusiastic soundtrack and spectacular scenes of surf competitions. Overall, the perfect ambience and convincing acting contributes to the impact of the story.
This incredible film, based on chances of hope and faith, recommended for young teens and up, teaches lessons of life for everyone. Bethany Hamilton inspires people to never give up and to find the best from the worst. Soul Surfer, a movie worth seeing, reveals a story of true endurance and aspiration.