The September Issue | Teen Ink

The September Issue

By Helen. BRONZE, Paide, Other
Helen. BRONZE, Paide, Other

“The September Issue” that was released in 2009, is a documentary, that shows how hard and yet how interesting is working in the American most powerful fashion magazine, in a Vogue magazine. The film was made during the busiest time, in september, while they were doing the record-breaking issue (September 2007 issue of the American Vogue).
Of course it's not only the film, that shows how they work there. It is also the film, that shows us, that people somehow can change, they learn to trust and to understand the others, so there are also conflicts and drama at the beginning. The film also teaches us, that you have to trust yourself and you never should give up.
As you can imagine, there are two main (and real) characters. The one and also the editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, who we have known as a very cold and strict person, and the other, Grace Coddington, former model. At first they had conflicts and Grace had to stand against the Wintour's aggressiveness, but Grace never gave up and the end of the film..well, you should find out it by yourself.
I think this film is worth of watching. You can see the real life of the editors of the fashion magazine and also you can see the life and the aura of the most famous fashion magazine.