Kung Fu Panda 2 | Teen Ink

Kung Fu Panda 2

August 11, 2011
By LunaStubbs SILVER, Maryville, Tennessee
LunaStubbs SILVER, Maryville, Tennessee
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, and today is a gift... that's why it's called the present."- Kung Fu Panda


Po, our favorite martial arts performing panda, returns in this action packed sequel, along with his friends, the Furious Five. The enemy is not a fierce snow leopard like Ti- Lung but Shen the Peacock. Po must defeat this foe in order to learn a most serious truth and find inner peace as he tries to destroy a dangerous weapon at the same time. The end of this movie will have you begging for more!

Kung Fu Panda 2 is rated PG like the first movie; however, unlike the first Kung Fu Panda, there is more violence and action in the film. This movie is a bit too serious for younger kids because of the fights, violence, and sad scenes. Yet, this movie has a happy ending despite the sadness within the theatrical performance. Not everybody may like this movie (I myself thoroughly enjoyed it). According to Kat Murphy, the MSN movie critic, “Despite improvements and reinforcements, "Kung Fu Panda 2" looks a little too much like training wheels for tots who will grow up to ride franchise machines like "Pirates of the Caribbean 4." In conclusion, you are to be the judge and decide if you either like it or not.