Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two

August 10, 2011
By Readinglts GOLD, Rochester, Massachusetts
Readinglts GOLD, Rochester, Massachusetts
10 articles 5 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If I lost the light of the Sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you


As a dedicated Harry Potter fan, I sat in my local movie theater for over an hour and a half waiting for the movie to begin. This was a good idea, since the midnight premier had sold 600 tickets, a full house. I finished the 7th book for the 7th time at 11:58 p.m and then played with my wand through the previews. I had come into the movie ready to see what reviewers had called the "movie event of a generation" and the "fantastic end to a worldwide phenomenon". I was not disappointed. I sat on the edge of my seat for the entire 2+ hours, eating no popcorn because I was too into the movie to think of doing anything else. The entire movie is an action sequence, there is no arguing that, but it is an action sequence with enough humor and emotion tossed in to make anyone like it. It depends a lot on the viewers themselves as well, expecting them to have seen the previous seven films to understand fully what is happening. I believe they were right to do these things.

Going into the movie, I had already decided to forget about the events of the book on the premise of enjoying the movie. They changed quite a bit from the book, and added in many a scene, but that doesn't make it any less of a great movie. To have sat there and taken notes on how many divergences there were would have been useless. It was a breathtaking movie, which left me in tears at the end. There was no way better for the epic series to have ended, even if I wish it had not ended at all. Goodbye Harry Potter.