Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

After waiting in line for over 2 hours at the Lincoln Center IMAX theater, I finally got to see the last installment of the Harry Potter series.

Although I'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan—I stopped reading them after The Prisoner of Azkaban—I must admit that the series has had a profound effect on our culture.

People from all over the globe, young and old, poor and wealthy, this or that, have come together to bond over a series that comes along maybe once in a generation. I truly love what a simple collection of stories can do for an entire population of people, and I admire J.K. Rowling for writing the books that sparked a magic-filled wildfire throughout the globe.

That being said, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was amazing. There's a wonderful combination of intrigue, action, a few awkward romances, and an unintentionally comical ending scene, but nothing that can't be forgiven by the superb dialogue and dazzling special effects. It seems as though the cast and crew have effortlessly created the perfect way to end such a ground-breaking saga. I recommend the movie to anyone, Potterhead or not.