Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 | Teen Ink

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2

By tracer8410 BRONZE, Live Oak, Texas
tracer8410 BRONZE, Live Oak, Texas

The end of a saga has arrived. And it sadly isn't the Twilight Saga. No, ladies and gentlemen. It is the end of Harry Potter.

In this final installment Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint), and Hermione (Emma Watson) are on the search for the rest of Lord Voldemort's (Ralph Fiennes) seven Horcruxes so The Dark Lord will be no more.

The only way to really describe this film is just epic. The scale that this movie is on in terms of action and excitement is far beyond the other Potter films. Which is good; This franchise needed to go out with a bang, and this movie does the trick. The first 30 minutes of this movie is story and setting up for the final battle. And then the rest of the hour and a half is just war with wizards.

The acting is top notch. Not only has it been interesting seeing these actors grow up as people, but it's been nice to see their performances get better and better with each movie, and let's face it; The acting in the first film wasn't the greatest. But these actors have come a long way and have a great future ahead of them.

The special effects here are just astounding. The production company was really saving their budget for this last film, and it shows. My jaw literally dropped from some of the effects displayed here, it was great. And in case your wondering if they look even better in 3D, don't ask me. I saw it in 2D. I'm so sick of 3D.

This movie is also quite the tear jerker, being the last in the series and all. It get's very emotional towards the end. And once you walk out of that theater you get really sad. After 2 hours of non stop action and excitement and happiness, you realize it's over and you get a small case of Post-Potter depression which will probably last up to a week.

The only problem I really had with it, was that the film moved along at such a fast pace that it doesn't really give you time to mourn the deaths of some of the characters that we've come to know and love. Yes, some main characters die in this film, and I just didn't seem to get the emotional punch I feel I should have.

Also, the final showdown that we've been waiting for the whole series for (You know that shot in the trailer of Harry and Voldemort battling it out) was sort of anti-climactic and short. I feel like they could have done a bit more than they did. But I can't say much because I don't want to spoil anything.

But overall this was a fantastic ending to a great, great, great franchise. A very bittersweet ending, I must say.

Overall rating: 10/10

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is rated PG-13 for some sequences of intense action violence and frightening images