Diary of Anne Frank | Teen Ink

Diary of Anne Frank

By cvessels BRONZE, Bowie, Maryland
cvessels BRONZE, Bowie, Maryland

The Diary of Anne Frank was a good and exciting movie. This movie had me on the edge of my seat. I was really amazed at this story. The actors in this movie really did a good job.
The movie told the story of Anne Frank and her family during the Holocaust and reign of Hitler. Anne proves that despite horrible circumstances, a young teenager can remain optimistic, loving, and good-spirited. Dutch citizens and Resistance members Miep and Kraler aren't shown often, but they are hiding their Jewish friends in the annex at great personal risk. All of the inhabitants of the annex, especially the Franks, deal with their impossibly difficult situation with grace, rarely complaining, whining, or crying about their situation.
During the movie there are loud explosions from an air attack on Holland can be heard and seen from the annex. Tension and foreboding mount as there is little time in the attic drags on as all familiar with the story know there's a tragic ending. This movie is one for the ages and tells the extraordinary story of a family and friends trying to survive. I encourage all people to see this movie