Social Network is Brilliant | Teen Ink

Social Network is Brilliant

By costaricabound2 BRONZE, San Diego, California
costaricabound2 BRONZE, San Diego, California

With movies like “Jackass 3D” coming to theaters, one would rightly be concerned for the general intelligence of our generation. This concern would be put to rest, however, upon watching The Social Network.
The script of the film is brilliant, snarky, and entertaining and each star is cast perfectly.
The Social Network is based of the true story of how Mark Zuckerberg (played by Jess Eisenberg) founded Facebook. He is a college student attending Harvard University. The course of the film follows two lawsuits filed against him.
The film also features the raw, brash talent of Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Brenda Song, Max Minghella, Rooney Mara, and Armie Hammer.
Although it was a complex plot to follow, if you actually pay attention it is well worth it. The cold brilliance that Einsberg delivers sent shiver down my spine.
It had just enough partying and college atmosphere to provide a sort of mental break without losing the quality of the script.
The fact that it was based on a true story just cements the incredibly raw human emotion shown.