I Am Number Four | Teen Ink

I Am Number Four

“There are nine of us; the mog is killing us off one by one in numerical order. Three of us are dead and I am number four.”

I am Number Four was rated three out of five stars, in my opinion it should be five out of five stars, I normally don’t like action packed movies, but I loved this movie. A good audience for this movie would be for young teens and young adults. I am Number Four is definitely not a good movie for younger viewers.

I am Number Four was directed by D.J Caruso, the director of the movies Taking Lives, Two for The Money, Disturbia, Eagle Eye, and The Salton Sea. John Smith played by Alex Pettyfer, was number four and was trying desperately just to stay invisible at his new school, so the mog couldn’t find him and kill him. Sarah played by Dianna Agron, was the girl who was falling for John and had John falling for her. Henri played by Timothy Olyphant, was John’s guardian who dies protecting him from the mog. Number six played by Teresa Palmer, has been tracking John to find him because they are stronger together. Sam played by Callon McAuliffe, John’s new friend who is obsessed with aliens claiming his dad was abducted by some, and finding out John is an alien gives him hope that his dad is still out there somewhere.

John is a fugitive on the run from the mog sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from place to place with his guardian Henri. John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John experiences new life changing events such as his first love, powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny. John is an extraordinary young man, masking his true identity and passing as a normal student to throw off a deadly enemy. Three like him have been killed, he is number four.

I really enjoyed the entire movie; I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. I’m expecting to see a sequel to this movie come out soon. I highly recommend this movie!