POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold

In 2004, Morgan Spurlock shocked the world with Super Size Me, his debut feature. In 2005, his FX Series, 30 Days premiered, and was a hit. In 2008, he directed Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden? In 2010, he co-directed Freakonomics. Now, he's directed The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, a documentary about product placement in modern film, and the overall amount of advertising seen in today's culture. Greatest Movie Ever Sold is a fascinating, hilarious, and eye-opening story about marketing in today's world. Spurlock never fails at taking subjects that we may not take into consideration everyday as a "bad" thing, and makes us look at them in a completely different way.
I was lucky enough to see an advance screening of the film, and even luckier to say that he was at the screening doing a Q&A. But the luckiest moment of this story comes when I say that afterwards, I got to meet Mr. Spurlock and interview him the next day. A somewhat surreal experience no doubt, but not one I'll ever forget. All I can say is, when the film hits a theater near you, go see it, you will not be disappointed. You will also never look at anything with a logo the same way again either.

Grade: A