High School Musical. | Teen Ink

High School Musical.

By summerhairx3 BRONZE, New Market, Maryland
summerhairx3 BRONZE, New Market, Maryland

The message of High School Musical is that you have to be who you want to be and accept everyone for what they want to be. Like Dr. Seuss says, “be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don’t mind, and those who mind don’t matter.” He’s trying to say that you need to be yourself, without caring what others think of you.

For example, in High School Musical Gabriella Montez has two talents. She likes to sing, and she’s very smart. She wants to be in the musical for her school, but she also wants to be in the scholastic decathlon. Gabriella shows that it’s okay to be good at two things. Another example, Troy really wants to be the star of the basketball team, and lead them to another win in the championship. But, he also wants to sing with Gabriella in the musical. He wins them the game, and gets to sing with Gabriella. Troy figures out that he can be good at two things, and that he shouldn’t care what other people think and just do what he wants to do, and what he thinks is right. Lastly, Troy’s dad, also the coach of the basketball team, wants Troy to be the star of the basketball team and win the game. He finds out that Troy wants to sing and be in the school musical. At first, he’s upset at the fact that he’s losing interest in basketball. But, Troy’s dad later learns to accept what his son wants to do.

In the song, “Stick to the Status Quo,” everyone is singing about what they like to do. People are exposing their true feelings about what they like to do, and everyone is telling them to “stick to the stuff they know” and that they don’t agree with it. That song explains that you should just do what you want even if people say that you shouldn’t. Just do what you think is right.

In conclusion, you need to be and do what you want because you will reach your dreams and goals if you believe in yourself and know you can do it. You also need to understand people for who they are because they will respect you. Like I said before, be who you want to be, and accept everyone for whom they are.

I wrote this for my Theater class because that is the play we are doing this year.