Nanny McPhee Returns | Teen Ink

Nanny McPhee Returns

January 27, 2011
By Chad Stetson BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Chad Stetson BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

At first, Nanny McPhee Returns, looks like a cheesy sequel to the first movie, but once you start to watch it, it’s actually a pretty good movie. Emma Thompson plays Nanny McPhee, Mrs. Docherty is played by Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter). This movie has more magic use then the original Nanny McPhee. Like the first one, the kids think that she is using some sort of military item to get them to do things. In the first one, the children think she uses hypnosis, in this one; the younglings think that she is using some sort of gas; partly because it takes place in London, England during WWII. Nanny McPhee Returns is an amazing movie; there’s action, comedy and a crow (who has his own name,) that eats window putty! Excuse you Mr. Edelweiss! The movie has a strange twist during the last five or so minutes that wouldn’t be as surprising if you watch the sequel before you see the first one. It is beautifully directed; it’ll keep you on the edge of your seat at one point, have you laughing another, and make you (almost) cry in others. This is a great Susanna White production that is highly recommended by me.