Midsummer Night's Dream | Teen Ink

Midsummer Night's Dream

February 25, 2011
By golubDNL BRONZE, New Holland, Pennsylvania
golubDNL BRONZE, New Holland, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Based on Shakespeare’s comedy, A Midsummer Nights Dream is a fantastic story about a group of lovers who cause every bit of drama that could possibly be made in one night. This ranges from mud wrestling to “sleeping” with a donkey-man. Taking place in a mystical forest, Shakespeare as well as the director, Michael Hoffman, ask us to put aside reality and believe that ferries are do exist and live in the woods, where they steal blue babies and cause mischief.

It all starts in town where the duke is talking to Hermia, Lysander, and Demitrious. They are arguing about weather Hermia should marry the one that she loves or the one that her father loves and wants her to marry. Hermia loving lisander and not Demetrious, who the father thinks is a better suiter, decides to run off with Lisander, but not before telling Helena about the plan to meet up in the mystical woods and then vanish. Helena loving Demitrous tells him hoping to win his favor.

There is a rookie group of actors that is planning, or hoping, to perfrm at the dukes wedding. Led by bottom they plan to go into the woods and practice so nobody steals their play.

The ferries are in a feud during this time period. The king and queen are both upset because they each want a stolen boy. The king of ferries wants him as a servent, and the queen wants him out of respect for his mother. The king devises a plan to make the queen look foolish so he puts a spell on her so she falls in love with a donkey.

As you can see there is a lot of action and funny moments.